William Malpica is a partner in our Business and Corporate practice group. His practice concentrates on advising privately held companies and their investors and lenders on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions other corporate and securities transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Will honed his skills in the corporate and finance practices of the international law firm of Mayer Brown LLP and in the legal department of The Royal Bank of Scotland, a global investment and commercial bank. In these roles, Will served as a senior legal and strategic advisor to a variety of commercial and investment banking business units, and advised clients on a variety of corporate and transactional issues, including public and private capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, bank financing and securitization transactions.
In his role at Martin, Will combines the sophistication, relationships and judgment of a large law firm attorney with the Firm’s boutique culture of high touch personal service and commitment to understanding his clients’ business and needs. With close to 10 years’ experience as in-house counsel at a global bank, Will brings a deep understanding of the day-to-day legal and strategic issues faced by the Firm’s clients, in particular financial institutions, making him a valued and trusted advisor.
Will’s professional life as an attorney would be incomplete if he could not use his skills and privileged position as a lawyer in our society to help effect change in our communities. Over the course of his professional career, Will has served on a variety of nonprofit and civic boards, led efforts to diversify the legal profession and provided pro bono counsel to dozens of nonprofit organizations. In his role leading the Firm’s pro bono efforts, Will is fortunate to work alongside a highly talented team of lawyers who share this commitment.
Affiliations and Service
- Director, Lifting Up Westchester
- Director, MyTeam Triumph CT
- Director, Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
- Pro Bono Counsel, Building One Community (B1C)
- Director, Fordham Law School Alumni Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Former Commissioner, New York City Commission on Human Rights (appointed by Michael Bloomberg)
- Former Vice Chair, Latino Justice PRLDEF
- Recipient, New York City Bar Association’s “Diversity Champion”
- Named among ‘New York’s Most Influential Latinos’ by the New York Post
- Named among “Connecticut’s ProBono Volunteers of the Year” by the Pro Bono Partnership
Areas of Practice
Private Securities Offerings
Mergers & Acquisitions