Martin LLP has an abiding commitment to leverage our skills and passions to serve the public good. Pro bono work is engrained in our professional ethos and each year the Firm devotes hundreds of hours to pro bono projects on behalf of nonprofits that provide critical services to the most vulnerable in our communities. Our pro bono efforts demonstrate the same commitment to excellence as our work for paying clients. Individuals at our firm also support nonprofits via their service on boards of directors or other significant involvements.
Our pro bono and service includes our work with:
• 100 Black Men of Stamford, a non- profit community action organization committed to improving the educational and economic conditions for African- Americans and others in need, with a particular focus on youth development.
• Building One Community, a Stamford based non -profit organization dedicated to advancing the successful integration of immigrants and their families ensuring they can become thriving and contributing members of their local communities.
• Community Capital, a nonprofit lender providing affordable loans and small business training to low and moderate income business owners and traditionally underrepresented entrepreneurs in New York and Connecticut.
• Family Re-entry, a nonprofit organization that provides prisoner re-entry intervention and support and prevention services in high risk Fairfield County communities in pursuit of its mission to break the cycle of violence, crime and incarceration.
• Horizons Bridgeport, a nonprofit organization that provides infrastructure, funding and support to Horizons academic enrichment programs serving low-income students in the Bridgeport, CT area.
• Kick It for Keith, a Stamford -based charitable nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial assistance for youth soccer athletes whose families lack the funds needed to participate in sports programs.
• Laurel House, a nonprofit organization that provides resources and opportunities for to help people living with mental illness to lead fulfilling and productive lives in their communities throughout Fairfield County.
• Lifting Up Westchester, a nonprofit organization that works to restore hope to men, women and children in need by providing food, shelter and support.
• My Team Triumph, an athletic ride- along program designed to created opportunities for children, teens, adults and veterans with disabilities to experience endurance events, such as 5Ks, half marathons and triathlons
• Paint the Town Pink Stamford.org, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to raise awareness for breast cancer, educate individuals on the importance of regular exams, and help raise funds for the Bennett Cancer Center at Stamford Hospital.
• Partnership to end Human Trafficking, a Fairfield county-based organization working to offer recovery, stability and economic freedom to those seeking a way out of a life of bondage through a long term residential recovery program.
• The Pro Bono Partnership, a nonprofit organization that mobilizes hundreds of attorneys from law firms and in-house corporate law departments to provide business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations that serve the disadvantaged or enhance the quality of life in neighborhoods in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
• Women’s Mentoring Network, a non profit organization that provides career, educational and personal mentoring resources to empower low-income women in Fairfield County.