We represent both businesses and individuals in counseling and litigating a broad range of commercial matters, including contract, joint venture, fraud, unfair competition, trademark and trade dress misappropriation, broker-dealer and real estate matters.
Recent Representative Cases
- Represented a corporate executive in Supreme Court to successfully enforce indemnification rights.
- Obtained judgment after trial for seller of real property against claim of breach of contract for refusing to return deposit.
- Obtained judgment after trial for Stamford employer against breach of contract claim for compensation.
- Represented federal agencies against putative class action by Connecticut municipalities related to conveyance taxes.
- Obtained orders of expungement for brokers accused of wrongdoing.
- Represented major financial institution in a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration related to improper trading. Obtained award for full damages plus attorneys fees.
- Represented real estate developers to enforce contract rights and obtain award of specific performance. Obtained summary judgment, affirmed on appeal.
- Represented Bermuda insurance company in federal antitrust litigation related to brokerage commissions.
- Represented employers to enforce restrictive covenants and employees to defend against claims of breach of non-competition agreements.
- Represented trust beneficiaries in litigation regarding improper influence. Obtained judgment in favor of clients after Probate Court trial.
- Represented issuer in legal malpractice action related to initial public offering.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in several trademark and trade dress infringement litigations.
- Represented major insurance industry defendant in fraud action related to outside investment.
- Represented brokers in a FINRA arbitration for improper trading.
- Obtained judgment after trial for attorney terminated from employment at a firm he founded.
- Represent sporting goods manufacturer in all Connecticut products liability cases.
- Obtained remedy of expungement for numerous securities professionals against whom FINRA arbitration claims were asserted.
back to top